air bag light

A older friend with a 2002 PT Cruiser has had her air bag light going on at times.

Usually after she's been driving for 20 minutes or so. Sometimes just for a moment, and other times it has stayed on. The dealer reset it once, but it went on again 20 minutes later.

Is this serious? What should she do?

If you email me, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. If necessary, change domain to erols.com.

Directions are given as if you know nothing. There's a big range here but I don't know who knows what.

Reply to
meirman

mic canic

It doesn't shut it down, it merely lets the driver know there is a problem and that the system may not work or could deploy unexpectedly

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
harrym

Yes Mic but thats not what you said, you said " > > > the air big lite means there is a fault code and when it's on the system is shut down. And I said it could make the system not work or deploy unexpectedly.

Reply to
maxpower

Yes that would be a fault code that WOULD cause the air bag{s) to not deploy The clock spring is the main wire leading to the drivers side air bag, if those wires were cut or broken it would not deploy, But the What Mic said was when the lite is on it shuts the system down, not true

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

In rec.autos.makers.chrysler on Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:39:24 -0400 meirman posted:

Thanks a lot for the answers, and for the entertaining squabble. :)