Anyone use Lucas oil stablilizer on a chrysler engine or transmission

Just wanna know if this stuff works and smooths out the ride of the engine and transmission.My transmission isnt shifting smoothy.

Reply to
mike113

Year, make, model? 3 speed, 4 speed? Better info would get you a better answer, but in general, don't use anything but what is recommended. No additives for Chrysler transmissions ... if you do you risk permanent damage. Drop the pan and replace the fluid and filter if this has not been done in 30K or more miles.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I would guess that this info applies to engines too. I was in my local NAPA store where they have a demonstration fixture for this additive. On the one with the additive, the oil adheres to the gears much better than the one that does not have it. In most cases, additives are not recommended by Chrysler or other manufacturers.

The demonstration is pretty convincing just the same.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

I've used the oil and trans. additives for about 5 years now with no problems.

My car has almost 200K miles on it 3.3L V6 and the oil additive actually stopped oil consumption to where I didn't have to add any during oil change intervals and the tranny additive reduced a pump seal leak in my A604 trans....

I worked in a Major Auto parts store chain and many people bought Lucas and Many people swore by it.....My personal experience with it.....first additive I thought really did what it said it would do...

The trans additive is just as thick as the oil additive so i'm sure that helped out on the leak...never noticed any real shift improvements to speak of though.

One of the guys came in for the trans treatment one time to try in an old chevy truck that was sitting in a field for years...said it would start up but the trans wouldn't engage, even with fluids topped off...customer added the lucas and it did the trick...customer was still driving that old truck around when I left the store.

Do some more research on Lucas if you're that concerned but I don't really recall anything negative that I've seen about it.

Reply to
Mike Rodick

Just as long as they are not related to the "Lucas" electrical supplier from the UK! You know, the idiots who brought us "Positive Ground"!

Old Lucas jokes...

"Lucas... prince of darkness!"

"Lucas... inventor of the intermittent wiper!"

"Lucas has invented a new vacuum cleaner. It is the only product they make which doesn't suck!"

;)

Reply to
NewMan

And the only company that could make a fuel system for a supersonic airliner...

Reply to
flobert

You mean the Russians used a Lucas fuel system on the Tu-144?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

what's wrong with positive ground?

I've been told that it actually has some benefits, like preventing body corrosion.

nate

NewMan wrote:

Reply to
N8N