Apology

Hello,

Just a quick apology to the group.

I just found this group yesterday and responded in a few threads. I have just noticed that some of those threads are quite old. In fact I am astounded to find that I am just now reading a thread from 2005. That is astounding post retention.

Anyhow, just wanted to apologise if I've bumped some dead threads and also to say that I am enjoying the information here. Keep up the good work, folks.

Oh, and Happy St. David's Day! (I'm Welsh, now living in Canada).

Ciao.

Reply to
Simon

Apology accepted.

I work in a Welsh community in the U.S. - slate mining area. Welcome to North America.

As far as post retention, if you are working off of Google Groups, they archive back to forever.

As Mork from Ork would say: "Grubb".

Reply to
Bill Putney

Iechyd da boyo ....

Well, that explains it. I was wondering how these appeared.

Anyway, Simon, in which bit of Canada are you. Am from Wales-East :-) and have visited North America, incl. Toronto, a lot.

OT: Have you ever tried Penderyn Whisky? Discovered it in Tesco about 15 months ago...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Dori,

Hi!

Well, I'm originally from Swansea but lived in Newport for a while. During that time I worked in Cardiff then Risca but travelled all over Gwent.

Now I live way out west in Alberta.

Haven't tried nor heard of Penderyn whisky. Is it a blend or a single malt?

Simon.

Reply to
Simon

Welcome to Canada, Simon. My dad, now deceased, spent his retirement years in Connah's Quay, Deeside. He had many great qualities and was a true "MOPAR or no-car" kind of guy.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

Single malt.

Worth a try for the rarity value, but I found I could get better Scotch for same money or less.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Well, appreciate the welcome Paul, but I've been here 19 years so I probably don't qualify as a "newbie" any longer.

Can't say I ever went to Connah's Quay. As a South Walian I was not particularly welcome in the North...LOL

Reply to
Simon