ATC problem on '98 Intrepid

Last week the climate control (ATC) fan stopped working on my Intrepid. I checked the fuses and they were fine. A couple of hours later the fan started again for 1/2 hour then quit again. Since then it runs or doesn't without rhyme or reason. I had a similar problem on my old '93 Eagle Vision but it went away after a while. Any ideas of what causes it? If it is the ATC head what does it cost to replace in the event that it doesn't come back this time?

Reply to
Jim McGill

The blower uses a power control module up in front of the glove box on the rear face of the HVAC unit. the borads are prone to water damage and shorts causing internmittant operation. In some cases the terminals heat up and loose contact.

Reply to
SamMan