Blower in '97 Concorde

Question for all of you out there in Mopar-land. I have a '97 Concorde with the auto climate control. A couple of days ago the blower just quit. It was on high, cut out and came back on a few times, then died for good. I ran the diagnostic and reset 3-button test and it ran through everything and gave me a code 36 (ATC communication failure) which I don't believe because outside of the blower the system works perfectly. AC cycles fine, all vent buttons work, etc. My guess is the power module blew (yes, the fuse is good!). Before I tear into it this weekend to start testing things, has anyone else had the blower suddenly die on them like this and fixed it themselves? I already need new brakes and am loathe to give the mechanic an extra few hundred bucks for a stupid blower wiring problem.

-Matt

Reply to
Matt

Yes, the 97 had some power module failure issues due to water intrusion in the HVAC unit.

Reply to
Sam Man