Built like a Mercedes (?)

A huge debt is also owed to those who had the foresight not just to research radar but to actually implement the world's first integrated air defence system, luckily completed before hostilities began.

The following nationalities also flew with the RAF or Fleet Air Arm during the battle

Polish 139 New Zealander 98 Canadian 86 Czechoslovakian 84 Belgian 29 Australian 21 South African 20 French 13 Irish 10 Unknown 8 American 7 Jamaican 1 Palestinian (Jewish) 1 Southern Rhodesian 1

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

And he can block me too. It might reduce his posts, which have been mostly anger-driven, abusive drivel.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I would believe that it was nothing more than a commercial transaction if the same type of "commercial transactions" were being openly consumated with Germany at the same time. As if our government and industry were saying among themselves "Hey guys - we have all this industrial and military output - we can sell it to the highest bidder. The Brits say they will pay top dollar for it. Call up Adolf and see if he will counter. Tell him that whichever side comes up with the best offer by 2 o'clok this coming Tuesday gets the goods". Simply a commercial transaction my foot.

Bill Putney

I have followed your ping-pong with Pooh Bear but I am not clear about the relevance of an Atlantic Crossing. Last time I did it it took no more than

7 h.

And it took only 11 h to cross that ocean and even cross the American continent to get to LA. It even takes up to an hour less going the other way.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Were not the Czech Republic and Slovakia two separate entities at that time?

Bill Putney

Not in concert at all. The USA gave little priority to radar since for example it felt there was no direct air raid threat. There were simply a few 'demonstration' US radars by late 1940.

Believe what you like.

It's a simple fact that the Tizard Mission energised US war technology thinking. One direct consequence of the Tizard Mission was the foundation of the Radiation Laboratory at M.I.T.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Commercial transactions often include some element of choice.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

good point.

Reply to
theguy

oh come on now pooh bear. don't get our hopes up.

Reply to
theguy

Constructive criticism is no bad thing though.

I concur with your view though. It seems as if any mere hint that one might think America isn't *perfect* results in a hostile over-reaction from the colonists. Yet the Yanks seem to think it's their place to criticise everyone else !

A style of reaction to criticism that has much in common with Islamists in fact !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I smell a troll.

Bill Putney

Not strictly true. They saw the Aryan race as being the "master" race, of which the Germans, amongst others, were descended.

Reply to
Alan LeHun

You're quite right of course.

Those Aryans had some interesting ideas about the 'Untermenschen'.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Exactly.

Reply to
TBone

You will be getting the bill for cleaning the coffee out of my keyboard, LOL ;-)

Reply to
TBone

It is not a poor argument. You still read top down and left to right. The fact is that logic flows in a logical direction, not from point to point. When people top post, 99% of the time nobody has any clue what they are replying to, as the point they are addressing could be anywhere in the OP.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

Neither do inline or bottom posters, unless a whole group of script kiddies gets lost and starts posting in groups they have no business in.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

You germans sure do like to rewrite history.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

Name one 1/2 ton PU that gets better mileage than the average car.

Explain how any 1/2 ton regularly moves more people. PUs full of illegal aliens not included.

Reply to
DTJ

Maybe in your town, but the overwhelming majority of truck owners DO NOT utilize them 90% of the time.

Excepting the asshole trolls like LBMHB, most people have no issue with tradesmen using trucks.

Reply to
DTJ