Built like a Mercedes (?)

Because he suffers from the "I-wanna-be-the-moderator" Syndrome. Sure, Usenet rules suggest bottom posting, but then those rules have never been brought up to modern Internet standards. Way back when, bottom posting was fine because modem speeds limiting the size of threads . . it took much longer to post a huge reply, so you kept things brief.

Now, with cable DSL, for example, top posting makes sense so you get to the reply much faster.

Of course, the other Usenet rules rarely gets used, the one about trimming posts as topics evolve.

Budd

Tom Lawrence wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

When I read a post by a top-poster, I automatically PLONK them. In general, they are arrogant jerks who have nothing to say that's worth reading; the vitriolic blurb quoted above is a perfect example.

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Re-read the original post - people who fail to trim their quoted text properly are every bit as bad a top-posters. In fact, posters often commit both offenses in the same post: they hit reply, type in their response at the top of the edit buffer, and then hit send - their quoted text comes along as unneeded, excess, bandwidth-wasting baggage.

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Not too tricky - just too much work.

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Yes, IMHO.

Budd

Pooh Bear wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Tell the truth, Roy, you've become a slave to a cushy lifestyle.

Me, I never had one, so the Medicare I'm on now is as good as it gets.

And with your belief system, why are you taking money away from hard working people. since you are contributing nothing, you should get nothing, after all, your Medicare is nothing more than a redistribution of wealth, isn't it?

Reply to
TBone

You mean to invade them surely.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

And yet, we managed to prevent all of Europe from speaking German, LOL!

Reply to
TBone

You're trying to dodge the issue by changing it ?

Doesn't fool me.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

What ridiculous nonsense.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

LOL, yet another display of ignorance.

Reply to
TBone

And there is no such thing as cable DSL.

Reply to
TBone

Try replacing dictatorships and communistic governments with big business and large corporations and see what country your statement refers to then, LOL!

Reply to
TBone

I've grown accustomed to the style that I have worked for.

What a life? Or style?

You must be happy that all the union folks that are making big bucks are there to pay into medicare to care for you.

Yup, a precentage, so that you contribute too.

Ya know it seems you have to blame sombody for everything that went on in your life. You chose your employment. Stop crying about it.

Likewise.

Ain't life great!?

Budd just about everybody who has a income can adjust their lifestyle downward if needed.

Roy

Budd

Reply to
Roy

In general, those who resort to abuse have no argument to advance.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

And can Peugeot diesel engines not take their place at/near the top of the reliability tree?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I am entertained by the idea that driving conditions in the USA are tougher than in the Third World... and that inter-regional variation within the US is so great. Oh man, you should get out more. (Yes, I know California isn't Arizona isn't Vermont weatherwise, but still.)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Q: What was the qualification required for becoming chairman of the European Central Bank?

A: Ability to speak German..

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Right you are, Huw. One look at the "4x4" news groups shows you where American heads are at concerning quality and economy.

It's no wonder their SUV's flip over so often... driven by people with their heads up their asses.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Gagnon