Caravan 93 Cold Stall ???

Thanks for you help the last time around ! Anyway, it has 3.0 Mitsubishi V-6. When cold, starts right up, as soon as you touch the gas, it stalls. Starts right back up again, and does the stalling thing until it warms up for a couple minutes, then runs just fine !! What could it be?

Thanks.

Reply to
septicman

Yes, try cleaning the throttle body. I had a 94 Acclaim with the 3.0 engine in it. It ran like crap. When I pulled off the throttle body, it was full of goey thick black crud.

Get a can of Throttle Body cleaner. Then pull the throttle body off. Make sure you remve ALL parts that are removeable so you get access to all orofices. IIRC, there was a little spring loaded thingy on my throttle body. When I tok ot off, it was actually so cloged it would not even move. I actually had to soak some of the bits for a while and carefully clean the parts with a soft toothbrush to gently work the crud out/off.

The 3.0 engine is a POS, IMHO. However, after a full throttle body clean it did run much better than it had been! :)

Cheap job. Just takes a little time and a couple of $$$. Even if it does not solve the problem, it is still good preventive maintenance.

hth

Could be anything from a dirty throttle body to a sensor that is out of calibration. Clean the throttle body to see if that helps first and check to see if there are any fault codes in the computers memory. If there aren't a good scan tool to read the sensor values will be needed.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
NewMan