Chrysler 300M wipers

I am in the process of tightening the screws that holds the wiper trim down on my 300M at the base of the windshield. Everytime the front end is taken apart they remove it and never get the screws in tight again. I am using nylon cable ties to shrink the holes that the trim screws go into and it is working well. I have one screw left. It is under the passenger side wiper. I need to either get the wipers to rest in the vertical position or remove the wiper arm entirely to get to that screw. It appears impossible to get the wipers to stop in any position other than the rest position at the bottom of the windshield. Is there any way to get them to stop in the up position? I've tried turning the car off mid-cycle, etc.

Reply to
Art

Hi...

Dunno if it's a wise idea, but pretty sure that disconnecting the battery ought to stop them dead in their tracks :)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Pull the wiper fuse or relay at the right point in time. Or pull the wiper arm off. (I'm assuming that simply pivoting the arm up and off the windshield won't work - I can't tell from my Concorde - it is enough different in that area that it doesn't have that problem of not being able to access all the screws - either that, or whenever I've been putting those screws back in the wiper arms were already off.)

Bill Putney

I should have thought of pulling the fuse. Thanks.

Reply to
Art

Pulling the fuse worked like a champ. And yes, merely lifting the wiper arm, as if to change blades, did not provide access to the screw on the

300M. By the way I had complained to the chysler dealer about the plastic trim panels not being tight and rattling against the windshield. Their "solution" (rather than replacing the screw in blocks as I requested) was to throw some small springs around the screws. It did not work. My cable ties worked well though. Threaded them in, screwed the screw tight, and cut off the excess.

Reply to
Art