Chrysler Cirrus Strut Life

The ride on my 99 Cirrus has always been pretty decent -- it has roughly

80,000km on it so far. Lately, I noticed that bumps in the road (not infrequent in southern Ontario) dont seem to damp as quickly. With previous cars, I would be into new shocks by now. Any comments on what I should expect for service life on the Macpherson struts? And how big a deal is it to change them?

thanks

Reply to
Gregory N. Latiak

The shocks on my 97 stratus seem to doing fine at 102,000 mi. Changing them involves a spring compressor (which some places will rent) as well as an alignment. When I need them, I will pay someone else to do it.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Meyer