cop car steel wheels?

Hi,

just bought a set of wheels and tires that were mounted on a Studebaker street rod, to use on my '55 Stude coupe. The rears appear to be MoPar police car wheels, about 7-3/4" wide (I assume a nominal 15"x8") and the fronts appear to be Ford 15"x6"

my question is this, I thought cop car wheels were 15x7 or were there different sizes? If there were 15x7 made, what years were they used and what is the offset? I am hoping for a 15x7 with about a 1" or a little more offset as that seems to be the absolute largest wheel I can stuff under the front of my car. Even better would be if they match the rears so I could use "dog dish" hubcaps (I like the Stude full wheelcovers, but those drum brakes need all the help they can get.)

I tried to google for this info but the web seems to be flooded with press releases on the new cop cars...

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel