Cranking the Parking brake

I have a Chrysler LeBaron, '95, with a parking brake between the two front seats.

It works fine except sometimes I pull the lever all the way up without it stopping. Then I have to push the button in and push the lever down, and the second time it gets tight half way up.

Recently a couple times, I had to do this 4 or 5 times to get the brake to tighten, to engage. Does this need fixing? How would I do that?

Thanks.

If you email me, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. If necessary, change domain to erols.com.

Directions are given as if you know nothing. There's a big range here but I don't know who knows what.

Reply to
meirman