Disable limp mode! chrysler cirrus 98'

Okay my car is a beater and i only use it to get to work. It went into limp mode and the code says p0700 generic transmition problem. Is there a way to disable limp mode so i can continue to drive it until it dies? I cant afford a new trans..thanks guys

Reply to
Michael Whorton

Can you afford a new car instead? Because the one you're driving now will be immobile within a couple of weeks whether you find a way to disable limp-home mode (for the record, I don't know of a way) or not. Have you checked the fluid level? It could be leaking.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

To be perfectly honest it was SUPER low on oil when it started happening so i filled it with oil. (Small oil leak at bottom of car). And all i'm saying is that if its going to be like $2000 for a fix. I might as well buy another beater. Thanks for the help, lord knows i need it. I wish there was a way to disable it.

Reply to
mike

Has adding fluid helped? If not, the damage may already have been done. Usually, that transmission has done much better in the "cloud cars," than it did in the minivans.

KM

Reply to
greybuck