Discontinued Chrysler models

Reply to
clare

Working man (licenced mechanic) in 1971 made $5000 tops, in Canada. A new midline car, like an AMC Ambassador, was $2800. A Dart Custom or Swinger was about $2400. New Datsun 510 was $2200

Today that mechanic may make $40,000. What's a new 300 worth? How about a Camry, or a Neon?

Not a big difference in the percentage of earnings required to buy - but a wider choice and price range.

Reply to
clare

Actually, a functi>

Reply to
clare

I concur - $20,000 in 1973 would have been a rich man's wage. I went to work as an engineer, 10 years later, making that. This analysis was just totally wrong from the get-go. Half a year's salary for a working man was typical for a decent car in the 60's and 70's. Beware of stereotypical "good old days" falsehoods.

Reply to
Joe