E 85

I recently bought a Chrysler voyager with an E85 sticker on the fuel tank door. Does this mean I can pull up to a pump dispensing E85 fuel and fill up? Do I have any preliminary steps to perform? Drain the tank of gasoline first? Replace filters? Etc. I am not a motor-head so please respond accordingly.

Thanks.

If this is posted to the wrong group I apologize.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

We have a 1999 Plymouth Gr. Voyager with a flexible fuel 3.3L V6. Just for fun, my wife decided to try E85. She ran the tank near empty of gasoline, and filled it with E85. The system automatically senses the E85 and adjusts itself to run on it. We didn't notice any difference in performance at all. You probably will notice a slight decrease in miles per gallon.

Reply to
Steve

The "flex fuel" vehicles are supposed to be able to sense the octane of the fuel and adjust timing accordingly. You should be able to run any combination of regular fuel and E85, so you should not need to drain the tank first.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard