ECU/ PCM engine computer for '95 Chrysler Town & Country van

Does anyone know a good source of PCM (Powertrain Control Module) engine control comptures for the '95 Chrysler Town & Country vans???

I lent my van to someone that left the lights on, jumpstarted the van, and left it running in a hard rain to charge the battery and now it will not run. When I got to it the engine compartment was totally soaked, water poured off the inside of the hood when I lifted it, and the belts-side of the engine had seen a lot of water along with the PWM computer. Removing the cover of the PWM showed it to be dry with good potting on the computer circuit board and the module connector was clean and dry as well.

The engine with start and run for a few seconds after letting it sit for several days but floods out with fuel-wet plugs and will not start after the intial or second attempt.

At first thoguht I considered the possibility of having a clogged catalytic converter due to loss of firing of one or more cylinders due to wet wires due to engine having been run in the hard rain. I removed the oxygen sensor to relieve possible back presure but that had no effect and did not allow the engine to run any better.

Using a 4 channel oscilloscope it looks like the problem is the PCM engine control computer. Cam and crank position sensors seem to be working... need to stull check the TPS and MAP sensors for appropriate range.... no troubel codes at all are being reported from the PCM test mode using he ingnition switch cycling proceedure to get codes pulesed out from the Check Engine lamp on the dash.

When using the 4 channel scope it showed missed fuel injector pulses, and pulsed of extreem duration that would be attributed to severe engine flooding indicated by the very fuel wet spark plugs.

It it looking like the PWM engine computer is not operating properly and i would liek to know if anyone has SUCESS in resolving a similar problem to this... My thoughts to proceed are

1) check PWM 12V supply for integrity using a multimeter to see steady 12v supply at PWM connector while observing PWM malfunctions. 2) inspect and clean battery terminals just to be sure as cables have been removed many times for battery charging with lots of cranking in between... batter is in good condition and holding an adequate charge thru this but terminal connections were not closely inspected for heat scoring. 3) replace the $%&^#()$ PWM module... $800 from dealer... $200 from junk yards... and I think I saw a printed wireing board only that was "tested" byt some outfit on the web a few weeks ago which I can not seem to be able to Google anymore. This apparently did not have the environmental potting compund or housing.. or possibly just lacked the housing... not certain.

QUESTONS BEING ASKED HERE:

1) Has anyone RESOLVED a similar situation with severly wetted PCM engine control computer, sensors, and connectors and have some specific suggestions beyond what is in the factory manual troubleshooting section?

2) Has anyone any experince pro or con with suppliers of reconditioned PWM modules? i.e. is there any need for recalibration of the crank and cam position sensors as there is in some of the GM applications when sensors are replaced? Is there a well known source for supplying reliable reconditioned units or salvage ones? etc. Discussion of swapping of PWM modules, versions of software for them, knowing when you have one for your model year vehicle, etc are welcomed...

Reply to
TX_Biker_Pup

[...]

Please reply to the list here but also CC me directly to TX_Biker snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com if you can help. Thanks much in advance!

Reply to