Engine Computers

Can anyone tell me which computer, perhaps by number, are used in the

92 Caravan? Much appreciated....
Reply to
CaravanGuy

Surely. As soon as you tell us which engine you've got (2.5 TBI, 2.5 Turbo, 3.0, 3.3), which transmission you've got (5spd manual, 3spd auto,

4spd auto) and which emissions package you've got (Federal/Canada, California).

Why not ask the question you *really* want the answer to?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern
92 Caravan w/ 3.3 and 4 speed tranny.
Reply to
CaravanGuy

Federal/Canada or California emissions?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Sorry! Federal emissions. Many Thanks!

Reply to
CaravanGuy

Looks like a 4672144.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

The Chrysler re-manufactured SBEC computer on my '92 3.3L A-604 Federal is marked 1-R4762734

Reply to
SN

I found the Parts Manager at my local dealership, who verified that the R in front of that number means reman. The number you quoted is a superceded number from the 2144. Thank You for responding!

Reply to
CaravanGuy

Well, ain't life grand! Went to the dealer today, where I encountered the parts Manager. He's the only guy at my local establishment who knows anything. He did a 'build history' on the car and it turns out that the van is California emissions.

Question: I have a Federal computer in the van now. I don't have the number in front of me. However, it came from a 91 with the 3.3 engine and 4 spd OD tranny. I have had to switch over some wiring, and wondering if this Federal computer will work with this Federal engine that's had some of the original harness connected to the Federal engine.

Based on your response, the next question may or may not be proper, but must I use a CA computer with this engine?

Kind Regards,

Mike CaravanGuy

[...]

*groan*

What would have been so hard about putting the right computer in? Or at least the right _year_ computer?

You'll have fewer problems if the computer matches the wiring matches the equipment on the engine.

You still haven't posted a cogent "Here's the problem I'm trying to solve" type of question.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern