intrepid 1999

i have 99 intrepid i was on the highway and loud knocking sound started i think its crank shaft not sure anybody knows what is it and how to get it fixed

Reply to
mussa7707

Probably a 2.7L? Lots of discussion here and on

forums regarding same (2.7's can sludge up and catastrophically fail, typically between 60 and 80k miles, though there are many, mine included, that are well into 6 figures and running absolutely great).

If my assumptions are right (i.e., it is a 2.7 on its last legs), consider replacing the engine with a 3.2 or 3.5 - all the info. you'll ever need for that on dodgeintrepid.net. BTW - I'm told there is about a $400 core value on a spent 2.7 (because of the demand for replacements).

Bill Putney