Farewell...

My 92 Dodge Shadow, 2.5 auto, 138,000 was giving me grief, so I bought a Chevy Cobalt. The Shadow was still all original, except, of course, for tires, battery, hoses, belts, plugs, tires and spark plug wires. It was still a daily driver to work (80 miles round trip) but it was losing about a cup of water a day, and I couldnt figure out where it was going. Still didnt use oil, and it NEVER left me stranded. I was getting about 25 mpg on the hiway. It was, and still is a great dependable car. Thanks Chrysler, and I wish you well. Yes, I really like the Cobalt, and the 34 mpg I'm getting is sweet. It came with a super stereo also, which I cant say for the Shadow. Farewell Chrysler.......

Reply to
Deke

I've never left Chrysler, since my first used one, a 48 Plymouth sedan all the way up to my wife's present 07 Caliber(getting 30-31mpg around town). MY car is 1940 Chrysler Royal coupe that still gets 23mpg on the highway with a flathead "6" and overdrive. Don't have to leave the fold to find happiness with MPG. Speaking of that phrase reminds me of John Cleese in the MG commercial(I had two: 78/77)" Get more MPG and MFG(fun per gallon) with MGB".

Reply to
Count Floyd