2000 mazda 626

just purchased a 2000 mazda 626, 42000 miles excellent shape. On net two places stated should expect 34 MPG hiway, 28 in town. I am getting 24 on hiway. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Dale

It is alleged that Dale claimed:

; just purchased a 2000 mazda 626, 42000 miles excellent shape. On net two ; places stated should expect 34 MPG hiway, 28 in town. I am getting 24 on ; hiway. Any suggestions?

Are those mileage stats for the same engine and transmission combo you have? Mazda's smaller engines always get better mileage than their larger engines, and automatic transmissions always get lower mileage than manual transmissions (unless you're constantly keeping it in a lower gear).

Also, tune up, etc.

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan