flip-lights won't stay open

I have those flip-up headlight covers on my car. They won't stay up anymore & when I drive over a bump, the covers fall down covering my lights up!!! Is there a way I could fix this myself or even a way I could rig the covers to stay open all the time?

Reply to
Vecergirl

It may help to give make, model, year of vehicle.

Reply to
Knifeblade_03

Reminds me of a neighbor who was having trouble with pop up lights. Dealer said she needed a new motor for the light. I looked at it for 2 seconds and I could see that the lever attached to the light had slipped off a rod. I slid it on and the light popped up and down just fine. All she needed was a retaining clip that was supposed to keep the lever from falling off the rod.

Reply to
Art

Duct Tape

Reply to