I'm only 10 inches...in rotor diameter

'00 OBWLimited. I realize this was a changeover year for almost everything about the car, but it seems one area that did not change was
the brakes. Looking up part numbers it would appear that the late 90s and 00 shared the same parts but a change was introduced mid '00 and also an upgrade on the limited from 10" front rotors to 12". Is there a somewhat simple way to change over to the later 2000 model 12" rotors and calipers? I ask as my brakes don't seem to last to long before they warp and I'd like to add 2 inches without the use of drugs : ).
--
John

[...]

Get the newer, larger rotors and the matching calipers and you should be good to go except for your wheel diameter. Larger rotors mandate larger wheels to clear the calipers. Don't know what size is on your car but guessing you would need 17 inch wheels for this to work.
On 12/5/2010 7:21 PM, johninky wrote:

The wheels I have now are 16's and look to be standard from '00-04 with the 12" rotors so I think I'll be set. Can I use the existing caliper brackets or will I need those also?
--
John

You probably will need either the entire backing plate from the 12" or, maybe a 'special' bracket from kartboy or boxer4racing w'ever.
You COULD just use a better pad - like the Stoptech Street Performance pad or the Centric Ceramic. You might need new rotors more frequently, but you can definitely feel the difference over stock pads with the above pads.

'Warping' is often not an actual 'warp' but pad material deposition from having to make an emergency stop, then sitting at a light with the pads claped on a hot rotor. And my experience has been that, even after a rotor is 'turned' the problem comes back. perhaps because the rotor metal has a different characteristic at the spot where it was overheated.
Check this piece about it;http://stoptech.com/tech_info / wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml