GPS mounting for LHS

hey all

I have a 2001 chrysler LHS. I'm wondering what kind of mounting options are there for a GPS. I currently have a Magellan 1470 mounted on the windshield just underneath the mirror, I prefer it mounted somewhere on the dashboard, not on the windshield.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

You might also want to post your question on one of the forums here:

I'd say put it in the Performance and Mods, Audio System Upgrades, or All Around Topics forums.

People there have the answers on this type of thing for the LH cars.

Reply to
Bill Putney

i use one like this in my 96 LHS, and use the hell out of it, since i am on the road all day, every day. i run a Magellan maestro and this mount works fine. i started first looking locally at radio shack and such and found this style of mount but damn they were expensive!! (30 bucks or more i think).

's one from Magellan . website shows it for the roadmate as well and i think that's probably right since all the Magellan's have the same basic mounting style on the rear of the housing. i don't blame you for wanting to mount it elsewhere. personally don't like things on the windshield since it blocks part of my field of vision and also in some states its not legal either.

Reply to
rob

How about a non-skid, friction,dash mount?

QX

ok, thanx I'll ask there.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

um, I'm undecided about that.... putting the gps on top of the dashboard.

I was thinking something somewhere on front of the dashboard or in that empty space between the radio/AC & the cigarette outlet.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm