Recomendations for GPS mount Kit - Not for Windshield mounting (CA code voilation)

Hi,

I bought Palenio 7" LCD GPS from Costco.

Later I realized that, in california, it is illegal to have suction mount on Windshield.

GPS kit come with only Suction mounting kit which is currently unusable. This mount doesn't work for Dashboard (Vinyl).

Appreciate any alternative recommendation and availability in stores.

Regards, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

How about that industrial type of velcro-substitute? It's a set of plastic with industrial strength adhesive meant to adhere to a windshield (and used for electronic toll-passes) and "fingers" that interlock. This adhesive should be strong enough to mount the unit on the dashboard instead of the windshield.

Reply to
David In NH

FWIW, I've had a windshield suction-mount GPS in my Camry for 5+ years. Never had an issue with it with various cops in CA or driving across country. I know quite a few other folks who also have one...and I post on a few boards where that kind of thing would come up if anyone was ever hassled--never heard of it.

I suppose if you had a huge 7" thing mounted right under the rearview mirror that might get you some attention. Just mount it as low as you can on the driver's side, lower-left (that's where I have mine).

Reply to
Big Kahuna