Grand caravan/minivan and heavy duty package!!

Hey, does anyone out there know much about minivans? I want to buy a ~2000 or so Dodge Grand Caravan, Plymouth Voyager, or Chrysler minivan and want to use it not only as my occasional family car,, but ALSO as a commercial vehicle in my small construction business. If I ever have really large jobs I can always have lumber delivered,, But still I would like to have the TOWING CAPACITY, and INTERIOR SPACE to load it up with as much as possible if I can.. I also intend to put a heavy duty roof rack on it too, if anyone has any suggestions... Basically, I've heard that there are a few models that have oversized radiators, heavier duty suspension packages, and better more fuel efficient engine, or what not, for what I need to do.. I would like the option of maybe even hooking up a trailer or something

sometime if i ever needed to as well if I ever get around to it, in case I ever need to haul away debris to the dump or something such as that.. Are there any mini-van enthusiasts" out there that may be able to give me some good and useful advice?? I want to buy one soon, but I want to

get the "good" model.. ALso, I'm interested in the AWD (all wheel drive), and would like to get that option if it seems good.

Any or all advice would be appreciated!

Thanks, Ben, in Boston

Reply to
ben

philthy

Google up trailer life, punch up vehicles, tow ratings, and look at the tow ratings for the Chrysler minivans. You will probably decide to buy a truck instead.

I have the tow package on my '99 T & C but have never towed anything with it. I just got it to get heavy duty brakes and transmission cooler to protect a transmission design that is questionable at best for durability.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher