Help me fit new speakers to Dodge Caravan Wheelchair Van

My son is paralyzed. He has a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan that was converted to wheelchair use by stripping out the rear seats and cutting a channel/ramp in the floor so he can drive his wheelchair in from the rear hatch. He needs new sound equipment, and his speakers are giving us problems.

  1. Please point me to an online source of information (with photos if possible) showing how to get access to the rear-side-panel and front door speakers. The rears are especially troublesome.

  1. If anyone has actually upgraded a recent Caravan with new speakers, and they are GREAT, let me know which ones you chose.

  2. Of the speakers he has heard, his favorite are Boston Acoustics 6.5 pros, which at 6 1/2 inches are oversize for the door and rear panel locations. Assuming we ultimately can't make those locations work, please point me to a vendor who might offer speaker enclosure pods that might attach to the rear header (ceiling). Because he has to drive in from the rear, we probably need two separate pods, because a wide unit might not leave enough headroom in the middle when he drives his chair in.

Because the entire rear floor area is taken for his wheelchair ramp, and the spair tire and some hydraulic gear is located inside the car, and because we also have other support cargo to carry, our speaker placement options are comparatively limited. I don't even want to think about where we are going to mount the amplifier, but if I can get the speakers sorted out I will find a place.

Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Galli

Mike Behnke