How do I strip the clearcoat from the hood of a car?

I have a 1991 Lebaron. The clear coat has pealed badly. I have used rubbing and polishing compound, but that is not working. Is there anything on the market that works well?

Reply to
User

Drive to your local body shop supply store and ask them to direct to the correct product.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Richard No Kidding...Sherlock....I know I can do that. I have run into a lot of incompetence at the Auto parts store that is why I am writing to see if anyone has tried something they know works.

Reply to
User

Richard No Kidding...Sherlock....I know I can do that. I have run into a lot of incompetence at the Auto parts store that is why I am writing to see if anyone has tried something they know works.

Reply to
User

A "body shop supply store" an "Auto parts store". Two different types of establishment. One caters to pro bodymen, one to DIY'er oil changers.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Hey...Sherklock...he didn't say to go to an auto parts store. Try learning to read.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J Stern

A "body shop supply store" an "Auto parts store". Two different types of establishment. One caters to pro bodymen, one to DIY'er oil changers. Geoff

Exactly. Richard

Reply to
Richard