Hubcaps on front axle? Spinners

Front axle does not have hubcaps thanks to some clumsy mechanics doing a tire rotation. They are plastic hubcaps, from a mature minivan.

Now I noticed I can find inexpensive plastic replacements. The front axle is sealed in the Voyager minivan. But still, maybe they provide some protection against the elements? On the other hand, they probably interfere a tad with the cooling of the wheel, but not my much. I was very suprised to see how hot a front wheel can get from only what, 2 miles of gentle city driving. Very amazed how hot the brakes can get. And these were brand new brakes and all, so they should be working right.

But the real question, why not get some spinner hubcaps. The $10 kind, not the $500 kind. Okay, it's a high possibility they will get stolen if I go into the big city but still, it's something for a plain vanilla minivan, unless I start getting noticed too much, by botth the thieves and the authorities.

What do you all think?

Reply to
Treeline

Take ridlin

Reply to
damnnickname

unless I start

Personally I would just go to your local auto recycler and get some decent used stock hubcaps, and/or some alloys if you really feel the need to upgrade. IMHO the only thing that looks stupider than "real" spinners are fake spinner hubcaps.

There's really not much brake cooling effect from the wheels in any case, unless you are running alloys with directional vanes which direct the air to the brakes. If you really want to cool the brakes you should investigate ducting some air from the front of the car into the rotor backing plates. However, we're talking about a minivan here...??????

nate

Reply to
N8N

I doubt anyone would steal spinner hub caps, they look too stupid and if they did steal them they would be doing you a favor!

Reply to
TNKEV

Now why don't you tell me what you really think...

I forgot how stupid they look when one spins and the other does not.

I guess I'll have to get the ones that light up instead... just kidding... I think.

Reply to
Treeline

authorities.

Well if you are going to get the light up hub caps you may as well get lighted valve stem caps and lighted windsheild squirters!;-)

I don't mean to be feciesish it only comes natural!

Reply to
TNKEV

Ah, you mean "loser beams".

"facetious" (unless you're in Canada or a British Commonwealth country, in which case it's facaetious, or you're full of shit, in which case it's fecetious.)

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Full of shit I am!

Reply to