I am astonished...

Every once in a while I come to this NG to find information on a particular Chrysler product, and without fail there are at least 5 or 6 "diss" fights going on here. I am amazed that the good people in this group actually still allow this to go on.

It saddens me that someone new would come along actually needing information or advice and they have to wade through the tirades to get what they want.

Well, I am for free speech and all, but there are proper venues out there to trash each other on. The sad thing is that I would probably get flamed for sticking up for the group, but I don't care, because I am better than that. Any response to the contrary would only prove my point.

Reply to
David Thornton

Try allpar.com...no trolls, good stuff.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Um, I stand corrected...

There are not just 5 or 6, but mostly the same two people in many, many different headers going after each other. Each of them have their own followers, who then flame each other. And to think that people actually pay HBO and the like to see this stuff, when we can get it for free here on USENET. Popcorn, anyone?

Reply to
David Thornton

I know. I am a frequent flyer there. But every once in a while I need some good advice from some of the old pros here in this NG. I just get tired of having to wade through the BS mudslinging puddles to get the proper help.

Reply to
David Thornton

Good perception of the problem. Don't blame me...I just came in here with a 318 with a failed lip seal in its water pump. The troll, Charlie Nudo of Drums, PA, stalked me in here from another NG he destroyed and started stirring the shit. Then, the usual action from which trolls like Nudo get their jollies, the "division of the house," started.

One thing trolls like Nudo thrive on is general ignorance of how Usenet works. People see several different IDs (he had over 14 accounts with almost a hundred different pseudonyms until Google got wise and started kicking his ass) and think it's several different people...it's not. It's one troll with many fake faces. That's called "sock puppeteering" in Usenet parlance, and is usually a sign of serious mental problems. He can cause enough damage from Google Groups as it is. Just be thankful he's too incapacitated to figure out how to work a powerful newsreader client.

There are some good sources of info in here, especially on the later DC stuff, so I wouldn't give up. For example, look at what Fokker has done with a flooded out LH just from info gleened in here...a totally resurrected car that the insurance companies would've simply junked. This is Usenet, and since Google allowed "WebTVers" like Nudo access to Usenet, the troll problem has gotten worse. That's what your kill filer is there for. I would, however, kill file snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com and snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com immediately, and kill file other irritants as they pop up. Google Groups has allowed the troll two remaining accounts, so he's easy enough to manage now. Just be glad you didn't have to deal with 14 of his "sock puppets" like I did!

For a more illuminating history on Charlie Nudo the Troll, see:

...almost 17,000...yes, that's right...17,000 posts (and he already deleted hundreds of them after getting into trouble with eBay and Google) and counting. Psych students and practicioners can have a field day reading this stuff!

Reply to
DeserTBoB

The 2 are married and havent grown up yet..

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

I agree with you 1000%. The one that has replied to your original post several times posts under several aliases (has conversations with himself as if he's two people discussing something, usually to reinforce his anti-social venom) and is a particularly nasty sort - don't be fooled by his b.s. I guess this is the downside and risk of an unmoderated forum.

Bill Putney

It was a fine group, until "desertbob" and "bicycle" came along...

they then created about 10 fake usernames each, and have been bashing American made cars here, for the last few weeks

on a Chrysler group...

go figure...

Reply to
elkhound68

The "dissing" is just one guy with a bunch of sock-puppets talking to himself. Or maybe there really are a couple of them, each with several pseudonyms- I really don't know or care.

Its happened before, this too shall pass when she/he/it gets bored.

Nothing the rest of us can really DO about it, other than sift through and try to help people that genuinely need it (and hope others do the same when we post questions).

Reply to
Steve

This is the troll. If you look back at the history in this group since August, you can see the chronology. I came in, started a thread about an overheating problem, all was fine. Then, Charlie Nudo stalked me in here and all hell broke loose. Another nutjob by the name of Putney started chiming in with Nudo, and you have the current situation.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

You can't hide history. I, along with many others, have been offering genuine help to people here for years. The same can't be said of the new arrival (DB) either in longevity or on offering any genuine help whatsoever to others. He baits people just so he can get nasty. The record speaks for itself. Like Steve said, there's really not much to be done about it other than let it pass.

Bill Putney

A quick check shows roughly 350 posts by DB since 8/15 when he first showed up. Roughly 8 posts per day, and with 5 or 6 days with anywhere from 17 to 30 worthless, intentionally disruptive, and nasty posts each of those days. Out of the approximately 350 total posts, there may be less than what you can count on one hand of any attempt at helping anyone. The rest - more than 98% - are nothing but personal stories unrelated to Chrylser vehicles in any way, baiting with loaded political comments having nothing to do with the topic, and using any excuse to be just plain nasty. That by anyone's definition is a troll.

Bill Putney

"Bill Putney" wrote

Also a severely disturbed, and very sad, loser.

Reply to
Dave Gower

You, certainly, must be speaking of Charlie Nudo and yes, he is a disturbed loser.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

OUCH!!! even I felt that. I hope my kids never kick their ball into your back yard Bill!! LOL

Reply to
maxpower

Never let your kids near trolls...especially ones who don't know fact from fantasy, as seems to be the case with Mr. Putney.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Which part do you disagree with?

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Well, nobody can control it. We've gotten a new troll who has two or more "stalkers" (i'm sure the same person) who post in everything thread calling the troll a troll. How do you stop a thing like that?

Reply to
Joe

well said

Reply to
elkhound68

actually, the record shows they were referring to YOU, DeserTBob

Reply to
elkhound68