I was an idiot to buy a Chrysler

Oooops. Heres the link And its even from DETROIT !!!!

aaa

No should be surprised. Even those USA flag waving Texan's are buying Japanese full size trucks now. We're in trouble!!!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

buying

I'm not surprised either. Looking at Toyota's site, the Tundra low end truck lists for 15,955, the high end lists 26,120, at Dodge's site the low end ram lists at 21,205 and the higher end at 46,075. And, that/s 5.6 APR for the Dodge and 1.9APR for the Toyota?!?

Now, next question for you - why is this? Answer - because the dollar is strong against the yen. And, our Glorious Leader Bush wants it that way - his quote is "The policy of my government is a strong-dollar policy"

And, why does he want this? It's because of all the unchecked government spending that should have been reined in after the tax cuts but wasn't - G.B. needs the strong dollar to keep the deficit funded. Ted

Reply to
tedm

Not sure any European would see it that way...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Oh Dori, you just don't understand! Isn't that how it's supposed to work? You start a war that the rest of the world doesen't approve of and won't help pay for - then you get the rest of the world to pay for it anyway by running an enormous budget deficit that is funded by the rest of the world's investors! ;-)

I would think that if the rest of the world that CLAIMS to be as antiwar as they SAY they are were to actually put their money where their mouths are and stop funding the deficit here for a few years, something might actually get done. I'd gladly deal with a few years of depression here in order to finally once and for all put the idiot supply sider economists and deficit spending is good economists into the grave were they belong.

But, I guess we won't ever see that because it's to the rest of the world's advantage to allow us here to keep deluding ourselves, so they can continue draining our economy of all jobs that actually produce anything of real value.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

And I was wondering what was "strong" about a dollar that is sliding almost daily against sterling and the euro.. :-)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling
041219 0744 - Dori A Schmetterling posted:

It's a strong slide...

Reply to
indago