Magnum vs. mazda?!?!?!?!?!

I would have to say the magnum is way better, much cooler and better looking. Here is the blurb for those interested:

"Navigating the highway in my Mazda6 Sport Wagon this morning, I was overtaken by an equally sporty Dodge Magnum wagon. The two are peas in a pod, both extremely low-slung and aggressive-looking. The overall impression is mobile pillbox, with the driver peering out through gun-slit-like windows. Not that it's a bad thing. Both cars are, well, cool."

Luke Smith

I'm actually looking at both to replace an Intrepid in February. I like the body style of both a great deal. May even look at the Malibu Maxx. Had one as a rental a couple weeks ago and was impressed. You can tell the Maxx has a much better suspension than previously (now shared with the Saab). I suppose it will boil down to what kind of deal I get from the dealers.

Reply to
CopperTop

Is it just me or are some of the names GM uses for its cars just embarassing? I mean, come on. "Maxx?" "EXtreme?" who the hell did they hire to pick these names out, anyway, MTV?

nate

(at least my "Dayt> I'm actually looking at both to replace an Intrepid in February. I like the

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I test drove the Maxx some time ago. Nice car but check the rear roof shade. If they haven't fixed the design by now then figure the sun will be beaming on the passengers all the time. The catch for the shade was pathetic. With all the nice design features, it is amazing that they let the car out the door with the horrible shade mechanism.

Reply to
Art

I'd stay away from the Maxx, personally. But I bet you get the best price on the Max (there is a reason for that, by the way...and you get what you pay for)

| > "Navigating the highway in my Mazda6 Sport Wagon this morning, I was | > overtaken by an equally sporty Dodge Magnum wagon. The two are peas in | > a pod, both extremely low-slung and aggressive-looking. The overall | > impression is mobile pillbox, with the driver peering out through | > gun-slit-like windows. Not that it's a bad thing. Both cars are, well, | > cool." | >

| |

Reply to
James C. Reeves

GM has totally lost it's way. The board needs to clean it's management house. They're off their nut! (Just my opinion from personal experience, naturally) ;-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Note that the Mazdoid "was overtaken by..." and not vice-versa :-)

Reply to
Steve

better

Reply to