Increase gas milage on a 96 T&C

These things are gas guzzlers, I know, but is there anything that might be upgraded to get a gallon or two more per mile on this baby?

I'm getting 14.5mpg average according to the on board computer.

This baby's got 110,000 miles, but a new transmission. Air filter is new and oil is changed regularly.

Plugs? Additives?

Not looking for a million dollar solution, just to optimize.

Thanks.

Reply to
Just Me (remove

What size engine you got???

I had a 1994 GC with 3.3l V6, and I was getting about 18 mpg city.

14.5 seems low unless you have the 3.8l eng>These things are gas guzzlers, I know, but is there anything that might
Reply to
NewMan

I am getting about 17.5 in the city and 23 on the highway with a 99

3.8L. My onboard stays about 19.6 average. Suggest the OP check it manually, maybe the on board computer is fouled up.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I have a '95 T&C with the 3.8L V6 MFI Engine. It has about 150k on the clock, and a recently rebuilt transmission.

I get 18 - 19 mpg around town (traffic lights every 3 feet or so) and 25mpg on the highway.

I havent done anything special to get this gas mileage - make sure you tires are AT the recommended pressure - not over or under. Do the regular maintenance things - I am told that a clogged fuel filter can make a big difference, although I have never noticed an increase when replacing an old one.

Don't use the AC unless you have to - dont go faster than you need to, anticipate stops and slow down rather than brake, walk once in a while - all the normal advice. If you really want better gas mileage, get a small car. My other car is a Honda Civic.

Dominic

"Just Me (remove to reply)" wrote in message news:tg8xg.10374$2u4.3277@trnddc06...

Reply to
dtzjread

I do have the 3.8L and the computer is in line with the actual. It does a lot of city driving.

I'd be thrilled to get 17.5 city, every little bit helps.

What "tune-up" suggestions might help?

Not worth anyth> >

Reply to
Just Me (remove

And have you checked your tire pressure? That's the first thing to check, and is usually the most suspect for poor mileage. Is it at the rating of the label in the door?

Have you changed the O2 sensor?

You questioned Plugs! Well when was the last time they were changed? As well as the wires?

Reply to
hartless

also when accelerating, let up on the accelerator a touch to get it to shift into higher gears as soon as possible.

Reply to
frenchy