interchangeability of transmissions

Is there a handy online guide to see which transmissions go in which models? I have a buddy who is investigating using a Sprite automatic to replace a leaky seal Caravan automatic. I did not think that they matched, but he thinks they do.

Reply to
canoe56

I am not familiar with a "Sprite." Is is possible that you mean "Spirit." From 1989 to 1995, the Caravan and Spirit did share some of the same engine/transmission combinations.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

It is entirely possible that a transmission from a Dodge Spirit will go right into your Caravan. Go put in your year and model and "transmission" into

(searchable used auto parts), then on the next screen select type of engine and trans, and scan through the results, which are based on industry-standard Hollander interchange info.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern