Intermittent Transmission Leak

I've notice transmission fluid under my 2001 Chrysler van. It appears to be running down from the front of the cover. However, this only happens occassionally. The last time was a year ago, etc., I've had the tranny/filter changed last summer, but it hasn't leaked until today. Any ideas? Weather (its cold)? 100000 miles? P.S. It happened after a couple of hours on the freeway. Thanks.

Reply to
JR

If it is leaking higher then the trans pan it is probably from the Trans solenoid pack gasket. Or if they used a paper gasket when the trans service was done, this could be the leak.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

My money is on the solenoid pack.

If in doubt, get a FULL engine shampoo (top and bottom), and then add some "UV Tracer" to the trans fluid.

Next time it leaks, hit it with UV Light and voila! You will know where the leak is.

Reply to
NewMan