It's Like Magic

I just hit 99,899 miles on my 01 PT Cruiser, and while driving into work today the engine service light popped on and the exhaust started to rattle. I kid you not!!!! [Code suggests a major emission's vacuum leak].

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Reset codes, tighten gas cap, see if code returns. Or if you have a warranty that runs out at 100k, take it in *now*.

Bill Putney

A loose gas cap will NOT cause the vehicle to run bad. If the check engine lite was flashing there is a misfire occurring. Do not disconnect the battery, all that will do is wipe out the monitors and clear any info that you need to find out what is wrong with the vehicle.Find out what fault code is stored. When was the last time this vehicle had a tune up with a good set of plug wires? Everyone says to disconnect the battery, if there is a check engine lite on, that lite is not causing the engine to run bad, if the problem goes away the lite will turn off with 2 good trips.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Repost

A loose gas cap will NOT cause the vehicle to run bad. If the check engine lite was flashing there is a misfire occurring. Do not disconnect the battery, all that will do is wipe out the monitors and clear any info that you need to find out what is wrong with the vehicle.Find out what fault code is stored. When was the last time this vehicle had a tune up with a good set of plug wires? Everyone says to disconnect the battery, if there is a check engine lite on, that lite is not causing the engine to run bad, if the problem goes away the lite will turn off with 2 good trips.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Emissions leaks are usually caused by not closing the gas cap.

Reply to
Paul Johnson