Mitsu Mirage 95 Trouble Codes

I finally give up. I've been trying to retrieve the trouble codes from a 95 Mirage with absolutelly no luck for about 2 weeks. I tried the on-off-on-off-on trick, which didn't work. I tried the OBDII connector next to the fusebox, it powered up the scanner but I keep getting errors. I looked at the voltage accross the single pin connector behind it and it didn't seem to give me any indication it was toggling the line. I even tried shorting the OBDII's connector pin #1 to ground in hopes of seeing the light blink.

We bought the car with what seemed straightforward engine trouble. She was going through liters of oil and no power, cylinder #1 wasn't even firing. We changed the entire set of cylinder bearrings, cleaned up the head and rethreaded #2's spark plug since they screwed it in crooked. We fired her up expecting everything to be running smoothly, but the car still idled poorly and died when shifted into first. After we changed the injectors on the first 2 cylinders, the car can now idle and run, still not how you want to close the hood at the end of the day. The problem now is that when you hit the accelerator, the car hesitates and occasionally picks up and runs. Otherwise it outright stalls. It runs a lot better cold than hot, so we thought it's a sensor problem. So far, we've changed the throttle position sensor and the MAP sensor. Other than a vaccuum leak, I can't think of anything that would ruin a perfectly mechanically sound engine.

Any and all help appreciated.

Reply to
NW64

Just for refference:

Car's fixed more than a month later. We replaced virtually all of the sensors on the car with little or no improvement so we decided to look at the entire computer data. Lo and behold, the ignotion was going between 23 and -15 degrees, jumping around randomly. We decided to change the distributor, but the cheapest they come is about $250. We picked up one at the scrap for $20 from a different year and since it wouldn't fit, took it appart. We simply exchanged the ignition coil, being the only part that was the same and this Mitsu is cured...

Reply to
NW64