More Q's on '86 New Yorker

I was wondering...

When the fuel rail is replaced or repaired, does the fuel system need to be purged? While trying to figure out a problem that later turned out to be a computer requirubg repalcement, I noticed that fuel leaked in drops from the fuel rail schrader valve. While I inspected it, I noticed that the valve would not spring back when depressed. I went to the local Auto Parts store and picked up a replacement valve for an air condition system. It looked indentical to the original and fit perfectly. Now, I'm wondering, since the system was opened, did I need to purge the system?

TIA,

Jesse

Reply to
Jesse

No.

Keep a *VERY* close eye on it for leaks. It's *probably* OK, but the seal "rubber" material used in the Schraeder valve for fuel systems may be different to the material used for A/C systems.

No.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern