No communication between dealer/DC!!!

A few months, I took my PT Cruiser in for two recalls, power steering hose & child seat restraints. Hose was repositioned, seat restraints ground down, 60% seat restraints broke, new seat frame ordered, and eventually installed. July 1, I get a letter from DaimlerChrysler that my vehicle is being recalled. For what now??? Notification Code D18 (power steering hose). Oh yeah, their records also indicate that my vehicle also requires repair for notification B21. Guess what that recall was for? Yep, you got it, child seat restraints. Daimler Chrysler is one company now. I wonder if people who shell out $50,000 or more for a Mercedes get the same kind of service??? Or can I assume that once you buy a car from them, they don't care if service prevents you from buying another DC product???

Reply to
TomKan

You are upset because you received recall notices for safety related issues. Some folks just can't be pleased.

Reply to
PC Medic

Boy did you miss my point. Isn't the dealer supposed to notify the company that the recall work has been performed? I had to sign a couple forms stating that it had been done.

Reply to
TomKan

*YAWN*
Reply to
maxpower

Yes, The dealer has to enter the recall repair info via global claims system to update the recall notices. So if you received the recall notices again, you dealer did not enter it into the system yet. DC must inform you several times on safety recalls! So that is why you received, because the dealer did not update, But go ahead and bitch about it, then bitch when they don't send you any!

Christ did you just type this stupid item to see your name on the internet?

Reply to
David

I am quite aware of what your point was. I am also sure they did notify them. It is also the case that under 'safety' recalls *all* registered owners must be notified and easier (and safer) to just send to all registered owners than to try to compare the databases and figure who should and should not get the notice. Another thing to remember is that you say the work was done just 2months prior to receiving the notice. Think of the time involved in preparing and sending the notice to several hundred thousands of customers. Very possible things just 'crossed in the mail' as they say.

In any case, making a big deal of nothing IMHO.

Reply to
PC Medic