Normal PT Cruiser Engine Temp?

For the Cruiser owners, where does your engine temp guage needle typically sit during normal driving? I recently bought an '03 GT Turbo and noticed the engine temp guage needle always hits a tiny hair below mid-point. This is with a/c on or off, highway or in-town driving. Is that about par for the course? Do the turbo's run a little hotter? Previous cars I've owned have always operated with the temp needle well below mid-point.

SWS

Reply to
sceptimus_smith

do not spam

My '03 GT is the same as you describe. Rock solid, right down the middle of the gauge.

Reply to
MikeSo

Reply to
RT10

had '01, '03 and got '05, all sat bang in the middle whether idling in traffic, towing a caravan or being thrashed, the guage never moved. Either very good control of the cooling system or the needle's stuck!! :)

pottsy

That seems to be the way that all PT Cruiser temperature controls work. I'm not sure that they are truly analog. My 2002s go to midpoint and stays there. When the PT first came out there was speculation that the temperature circuit was set up so that as long as the temperature remained within the accepted range, the needle remains at about midpoint. Mine is the same, Winter or Summer.

Reply to
Carl Keehn

yes this is normal operation...

Punch

middle of the road is very normal for PTs. mine never moves from that spot . takes about 10 mine to warm up and purrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Reply to
Sean&Heather