Heater Problems - 1999 Intrepid

I have a 1999 Intrepid ES, 3.2, with climate control. Lately, I've noticed that I'm only getting heat when I'm moving or if I increase the RPM while idling by pressing the gas pedal. When I stop the car and it's idling, I get ice cold air coming into the car. This will occur whether the climate control is on auto or manual. Can someone give me a tip as to the cause before I take it in for service?

Thanks in Advance SE

Reply to
Arthur

Have you checked the radiator to see if you are low on coolant ? Does the temp guage get up to the half way point or does it stay down at the cold end ?

Reply to
Mike

That's got nothing to do with your heater. That's just water circulation.

If you take it in for service they'll charge you $1200 for replacing some a/c control parts.Then they'll add 2 quarts of water (free, falls from clouds) to actually fix the problem. Good day for them.

Reply to
Joe