On a convertibie, how to remove the front rubber gasket?

On a convertible, does anyone know how to remove the front rubber gasket, between the roof and the windshield. I have a '95 LeBaron, but I thihk all the LeBarons and Sebrings areound that time are similar.

It's firmly attached to a metal strip**, a U-channel that the instructions say has screws holding it in, 2 inches from each end, but when I took out a screw at one end, it didn't seem to loosen it at all. In fact it seemed to point in the wrong direction, back instead of up. I can't find the screw at the other end!

**They call it the the top header feature strip.***

Can anyone give me advice on any of this? Anything would be appreciated.

*** Google gives only one hit for those four words, and that page quotes the manual. Worth saving if you intend to do this, but all the steps have only one line of instruction, no real description, and no pictures. OTOH, the 94 shop manual includes no pictures for most of it. (Since they usually don't change the manual from year to year unless the facts change, I'll bet the Sebring manual is the same.)
Reply to
mm