How do you remove the arm rest from a Nissan Micra K11 driver's door?

I actually need to remove the door lining and I'm OK with all the other bits that have to be taken off but can't see how you get the arm rest off. Someone mentioned prising out caps to reveal screws, but no caps seem visible - so how is it fixed? Thanks for any responses.

Reply to
Sunday Driver

Guilty as charged :-)

My advice was based on the Haynes BOL and having replaced a blown speaker (did both sides) in an N reg K11 a few years ago. I guess the interior trim changed since then. If there's no obvious place for screws then usually the fascia of the armrest prises off, is there any obvious slot to slide a trim tool into? Most often hidden from normal view and seen only from underneath. Any chance of a picture?

Reply to
bweebar

Peter Hill

Some Nissans hide a screw under a cover in the door grab that's set into the armrest. The cover will have litle slot at one end to allow a screwdriver to flip it out, then the screw can be undone. Older ones where the door grab was a separate lump (you can see the doorcard trim behind the grab hole) have two screws.

I took a door card off a Micra 32 weeks ago at the scrappy but I can't remember how it fitted as I also did a Bluebird, Sunny, Sienna, Patrol and Primera. I'm looking for an early type driver side power door lock.

Peter Hill