Part time DIY course?

Is ther a part time course for automechanics. Preferrably in the evening. Toronto area

Thanks

Reply to
Phil Breau

I teach these type of classes but they are for UAW Chrysler Assembly Plant employees only, living in the St. Louis area. We have had these classes for about 17 years. I enjoy doing it. We have a hoist and tools and access to whatever info is need to do the work. They even get to work on their own vehicles. I don't know of any place else that does this for 'civilians'. It is part of Chrysler commitment to their employees (PER CONTRACT) for personal enhansement classes. Other UAW plants also have this program, but the Auto mechanic part of it is not as widespread. Good Luck

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Check with the local community college. Mine has a pretty extensive program, and a shop that rivals any I've ever been in at a dealership. I'm taking an engine rebuilding course one night a week, and there are other night auto tech classes offered as well.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Around here the community collage trains for various dealer certifications. As such car companies are quite generous in equipment and vehicles. They may or may not have a not for credit DIY course.

Reply to
Bill 2