Plymouth Breeze Steering not returning to center

1998 Breeze - The steering returns almost to center but it does not seem normal. It does this both directions, left and right. It will return to about 45 degrees before center position. I have replaced the power steering fluid. Could it possibly be a power steering valve problem?

Brian

Reply to
CanCor

Do you mean when it returns from a left turn, it stops 45° left of center and when returning from a right turn, it stops 45° right of center? Or does it always stop the same side of center regardless of the direction of turn? If the latter, and the car tracks straight (i.e., doesn' drift left or right once you are going straight and let go of the wheel), then the left and right tie rods just need to be adjusted the same amount in one direction or the other to effectively make the streering wheel be straight when the car is going straight.

Bill Putney

POSSIBLY YOUR POWER STEERING GEAR SYSTEM EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO

Reply to
s61948f