Position of Chassis No for 2001 Grand Caravan

I imported a GC into Brazil. Now I want to sell it and the Customs want to see the number stamped on the Chassis. I've shown them the VIN in the window and the plate under the hood.....but 2 outa 3 isn't good enough!

Anybody know where this third number coud be? Had a look, but couldn't find it.

Ashie

Reply to
Ashie

The VIN is located in the following places on every vehicle intended for first sale in the United States:

(1) Engine. (2) Transmission. (3) Right front fender. (4) Left front fender. (5) Hood. (6) Right front door. (7) Left front door. (8) Right rear door. (9) Left rear door. (10) Sliding or cargo door(s). (11) Front bumper. (12) Rear bumper. (13) Right rear quarter panel (passenger cars). (14) Left rear quarter panel (passenger cars). (15) Right-side assembly (MPVs). (16) Left-side assembly (MPVs). (17) Pickup box, and/or cargo box (LDTs). (18) Rear door(s) (both doors in case of double doors), decklid, tailgate, or hatchback (whichever is present).

contains the text of the US requirement. DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern