Power steering fluid

Aside from the factory power steering fluid, is there a good aftermarket fluid for the PT Turbo?

Reply to
dr.benway

Is there something special about the factory PS fluid? Or is it just standard PS fluid?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

In recent years, it's ATF+4. Daniel Stern posted the link to this article sometime ago:

You don't just use any old p.s. fluid in Chryslers.

Bill Putney

You can now get Chrysler-licensed ATF+4 fluids in several brands now (Castrol, Valvoline, Shell, probably others) - several, including the Mopar brand, are available in WalMart for less than the dealers charge. Do *NOT* get a brand that dishonestly on one bottle lists all the spec. names for several different fluids (Dexron, Mercon, etc. and "Chrysler vehicles") as ones the fluid is approved for or will substitute for - some scum bag fluid makers have been doing that crap for years. The bottle would need to list ATF+4 exclusively (not just say fluid "for Chrysler vehicles" or something to that effect) and no others to be true ATF+4 spec. fluid.

Also, WalMart's house brand Super-Tech has an ATF+4 licensed fluid that is lower in price than the others. It may be OK. Use it at your risk - personally I wouldn't trust it in a good vehicle.

Bill Putney

Forgot to mention: ATF+4 is the factory p.s. fill for '02 MY and up PT's (all - turbo is no different). It is recommended for any refill starting in '01 MY PT's. According to TSB No. 19-005-03.

Bill Putney

Reply to
dr.benway

Yes they are.

You're welcome.

Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet > Many thanks for the info! Today's cars are a lot more fussy about their

Reply to
Bill Putney