PT Cruiser Smell and Noise

I have a 2003 PT Limited and it is a fantastic car. I love everything about it... However recently their is a water odor intermitent and the passenger side makes so much road noise you would think that the doors are not even there... Has anyone else heard of this problem or know a solution..... If you want Email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
CrusinTeacher

change your antenna or tires lately? sunroof??

more info please

2003 pt gt
Reply to
Punch

The smell can be mold in the ac coil, spray lysol into the cabin air intake while the fan is running.

Reply to
SRG

Reply to
maxpower

I changed the antenna to a short black plastic one, and yes I have a sunroof, but its not leaking...... what does changeing the antenna mean

Reply to
CrusinTeacher

the antenna has a grommet in the body where the wire goes thru, if that grommet is not in place you may get noise and water in from the outside

Reply to
maxpower

actually, I changed my antenna, and got an annoying wind noise at highway speeds, notice the stock antenna has spirals, they somehow cut the whistle. It's true or I wouldn't have known you changed the antenna.

Punch

Reply to
Punch