Spray-on mud and speed cameras?

Hi,

Does anyone use spray-on mud, or know anyone else who does?

I am a journalist researching a story on products like the one at

Have you used such products, or know any stories about people who have?

What are the ways in which it can be used and why? Such products are marketed to 4x4 owners looking to give their vehicle an authentic just-been-up-the-side-of-a-mountain look, but I have read from some people who say they could be used to cover cars' registration plates to avoid detection by speed cameras (something the manufacturer of the above product says it does not condone and an activity it discourages)... Got any stories about either of these uses? Ever used spray-on mud yourself to avoid getting nicked or flashed?

What do you think of spray-on-mud - handy way for busy drivers to get

4x4 street cred, pointless yuppie posturing, perfect way to evade the long arm of the law?

I'd love to hear from anyone who has used this type of thing or who has any anecdotes.

If you'd rather not be identified, email snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Reply to
iamrob

Try

rav.com

))

Reply to
Charles Holder

I get 'real' mud on my 4x4 and I have been stopped by the police because said mud obscured my plate. On several occasions. Even got stopped because the mud obscured the 'light' for the plate, the plate was ok.

I now stop and clean my plates along with my lights before driving on public roads again.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Why would I want to spray mud on my vehicle? My battle is always trying to keep the dust/dirt/mud off of my truck! (And it is a losing battle....)

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead