Q: 96 Voyager Hub stiff???

Hello,

I have an 96 Plymouth Voyager SE and I changed the CV axle, rotors and Brake pads. I noticed the when turning the hub it seemed stiff to spin and was wondering if anyone knew how free they are supposed to rotate. Is it possible the bearing grease has gone bad or the bearings worn??? Any help on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3.3L 4spd OD
Reply to
Hola

If the bearing has gone bad it will be manifested by a grinding noise as you drive at highway speeds and are turning slightly in the direction of the bearing. It will probably also be loose as you jiggle the wheel (raise front end, grab wheel top and bottom and jiggle... there should be no movement).

The bearing can be a bit stiff to turn by hand, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Reply to
David Allen