Question about selling 1994 Cherokee Country

Hello, I'm thinking of selling my 1994 Jeep Chrokee Country and wondering what I should ask. here are the Specs,

1994 Jeep Chreokee Country 4x4 with Tow Package. Power Everything with Stock Tape Deck, Privacy Glass,White Exterior/Tan Interior Cloth/Vinyl Looks Perfect 1 Owner. Has 189,000 Miles on High Output Inline 6Cyl Engine. Current Daily Driver, Passed California Inpesction. Also No Rust what so ever with new Shocks all the way around..

I just want to know if some people could tell me what I should ask and what is fair... I know I won't get retail but I don't get to get rip off either. any replys welcome.

-Lee

Reply to
Lee

Try using Kelley Blue Book at

to establish a price. I don't know where in CA you are, precisely, but the zipcode I plugged in (they try to adjust for the local market) on a sample '94 Jeep Cherokee Country with 189K miles turned up about $2800. NADA
came up with about $3200.

The reality is that the price will be what somebody is willing to pay. You've got a Jeep with nearly 200K miles on it; regardless of how good it looks cosmetically that's going to be a major factor in anybody's purchase decision. Personally, if it looked tip-top, had no oil leaks, had good rubber all the way around, the 4wd worked, and the interior was intact I'd say it was worth $2500, tops.

You can also look at autotrader.com to see what other people are asking. Be aware these are asking prices, however, and don't reflect the reality of the actual transaction prices. It seems that the asking price ranges between $3500 and $6000.

Good luck,

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff